When you sit down to write content for your blog, what’s your number one goal?
It’s simple, right?
And that’s where I come in.
Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Terri Cruce, and I’m a freelance writer, living in Omaha, Nebraska, and I help small and solo business owners produce engaging, well-structured content for their blogs.
(I do offer freelance writing services to a few select clients. For more information on hiring me to help with your content writing needs, please click here.)
Having written professionally for over 30 years, starting back in the corporate world writing technical and training material for the banking and health insurance industries, I bring a high level of experience to the table — experience I pass along to you.
I’ll show how to produce engaging, results-driven content for your site, while avoiding the common mistakes most small business owners make when writing online content.
Because what you learned in English class will only get you so far in the business world.
Mistakes You Don’t Know You’re Making
As I began working with more and more business owners, I quickly discovered that many of them want to write their blog content themselves, but have difficulty producing blog posts and articles that hook and engage their readers.
It turns out there’s a real need to help business owners who aren’t ready to hire a professional writer, or just want to write their own content, but are frustrated by their lack of results.
That’s because people read and consume online content differently than they do physical books or magazine articles. And when you don’t know what those differences are, you can’t fix the problem.
Here are just a few examples of how online content must differ from traditional writing:
- Content must be scannable
- Formatting must vary, visually
- White space is critical
- Headlines matter
- Subheadings must be engaging
With so many distractions people face these days, not to mention overflowing email inboxes, a lack of understanding of how to write online written content that grows your business is crucial.
If people don’t read your content, they’re unlikely to buy from you. It’s just the way it is.
Why I Created This Blog
I wanted to create a blog site that offered helpful advice and actionable tools to help small and solo business owners produce quality content for their online business blogs. I regularly post writing tips and articles covering all aspects of blogging and article writing that will help you do a much more efficient job of developing content, and make it more enjoyable to boot!
Topics you’ll find on this blog include:
- Blogging – Learn how to write for business and structure posts for ease of reading and engagement.
- Business Building – How blogging can help you build your business, boost your authority in your market, and increase customer revenue.
- Content Marketing – Learn how to write all content for your business, in addition to blog posts and articles; you’ll learn how to write better ad copy and discover how your writing skills impact audio and visual content you produce for your business. Everything you publish falls under the heading of content marketing. We’ll cover all of it.
- Freelance Writing – Learn basic freelance writing tips that you can apply to your own business, or branch out and offer as a service for other business owners.
- Headline Writing – Learn all about what makes a great headline and how to write them; writing headlines that immediately grab reader interest is a make-or-break skill for any content you produce.
- LinkedIn – Learn how to use LinkedIn as part of your content strategy.
- Social Media Marketing – Learn how to write content that produces results when you post to social media sites.
What Makes Me Qualified To Help You?
I’ve been writing for over 30 years, both in the corporate world as well as for businesses of my own. I’ve written for the fitness and health industry, cosmetics, personal coaching, and many other industries.
I am a graduate of the Copyblogger Certified Content Marketers Program and work continually to perfect my skills both for my business writing tasks, but also to pass along to you.
So that’s who I am. Oh, one more thing.
Just in case you think I sit at my computer and do nothing else, I am also an avid animal lover and advocate. I love to spend time with my family, which now consists of two married daughters and a loving husband.
I like to cook, read, and I absolutely love to start each day with a morning yoga session.
Thanks for stopping by and reading a bit more about Terri Cruce Writes.
Questions? Please contact me here.