Do you love to write?
I wanted to get that right on the table, up front, because this is the question that always got in my way when I was building my fitness business.
Why on earth would I hire a blog writer when I am more than able to write my own posts?
Besides, I love to write so why give that task to someone else?
If any of these questions hit a nerve with you, then keep reading. Because I feel your pain. I know how you feel.
And I also know that you need to get over it!
Blog Writing Should Not Be Left to Chance
If you are building a business, especially an online business or one with an online presence, then blog writing is a big part of your marketing agenda. The problem is, so are many other things that demand your attention on a daily basis.
And because so many other tasks are on your plate, you will eventually go stark raving mad if you try to do them all yourself.
I get it. In the early stages of any business, it’s hard to farm anything out that you feel you can manage yourself. And writing blog posts is one of those areas that tends to fall into the “nice to do” camp all too often, when the reality is, it is very much a “must do” item.
Blog writing helps you engage with your audience, connect with them, provide value to them, and build your reputation. Having a blog site that you own, that no one can take away from you or change the rules on you day by day, is critical. Anyone who does any social media marketing knows that trying to keep up with the ever-changing rules dictated by those sites is like trying to catch a spinning top.
And that’s especially true of the granddaddy of them all, Facebook. Take a week off and everything you thought you knew can be different. It’s mindboggling.
You don’t own these social media sites and they can be snatched away from you at any point in time and there’s not a darn thing you can do about it.
But your own blog site. That’s a totally different story. That’s where you showcase who you are and share what you have to offer. It’s where you invite people into your virtual home and chat.
It’s where you get to make the rules.
And all too often, for a variety of reasons, writing regular blog posts gets shoved to the back burner due to lack of time, lack of inspiration, and lack of desire to actually write the posts.
Even if you love to write and believe that it’s a task you should keep for yourself, you still end up doing it hit-and-miss. If you’re lucky.
That’s why you need to give this task to someone who can make sure that your posts go up regularly, that they are written with the care and attention to detail that they deserve so that they make you shine.
Here are 5 big reasons why you should hire a professional blog writer:
- It can save you time. This one is huge. Maybe the most important reason of all because time is your most valuable resource. And we all know that we never have enough of it. You start out with the best of intentions, have a great idea for a blog post, maybe even have it on your to-do list, and you find yourself putting out fires, getting immersed in other activities and before you know it, the day has ended and you never even looked at your blog site that day. Sound familiar? My guess is it does. Too familiar. But when you have a professional blog writer who has guaranteed to produce an agreed-upon number of posts, with content that you’ve approved, those posts will go up, no matter how busy your day or days may be. This reason alone is enough. I could stop right here, but here are a few more to chew on.
- Your posts will go up on a regular basis. Maybe you want two posts a week, one on Monday and one on Thursday, as an example. When you’re writing them yourself, you can get halfway through the day and suddenly realize that you haven’t even thought about your blog. Now you have to drop everything and switch gears or skip putting your post up that day. I know that often it’s the latter of those two choices that ends up winning the day. And that is not a winning situation, believe me.
- No need to wait for that Eureka moment. Ever wanted to write a post, but for whatever reason, not a dang thing to write about comes to mind? And the harder you try to come up with something, just because you know you should, the more it eludes you. If you have someone doing your posts for you, who has a list of topics that you have agreed upon and that you want covered, it doesn’t matter if you have a brain fade that day or not. Your blog writer is going to get a great post up for you. You can work on something else. Or take some much-needed down time and go see a movie. The point is, the post will be written. And you are free to do other things.
- You can focus on other business tasks. Even if you like to write, if your business is not a writing business, it can be very hard to sit down and write when you have other, more critical, tasks that are demanding your attention. Speaking with clients, networking, whatever it is, it is keeping you from writing. And you end up, once again, deciding that your blog post can wait. And wait and wait and wait. And when you want to get valuable content to your audience regularly, that can be very detrimental to your business. If you can take it off the table, you’re free to focus elsewhere. And that’s not only more productive, it’s less stressful. And we already have too much stress in our lives. Removing any is a blessing.
- You can increase your income. At first it may seem counterintuitive. You’re paying someone else to do something you could do yourself. Spending money you may feel you shouldn’t be spending. But over and over again I’ve seen the proof. Taking things off of your plate that you either don’t want to do or can’t find the time to do will make you more productive doing the tasks only you can do to build your business. Your time is your most valuable commodity. When you focus on what you do best, that only you can do in your business, your income increases. Ask anyone who has done it. They know.
There are just 5 excellent reasons why you need a blog writer to help you in your business.
Your time, your peace of mind and your business will all benefit when you let someone else take on the task of ensuring that your blog site sizzles.
And you’ll have a great place to invite your audience. Get your virtual home in order, make it welcoming and appealing, and open the door. You’re ready to entertain.
If you enjoyed this blog post, why not hire me for your own blog. Click here for more information.